She is here! Annika Tait Nousiainen, arrived on July 10th at 8:15pm. It all started when I went to my Dr. Appt on Fri, first Logan and Abi got picked up by their babysitter Gale at 10amish and I had my Dr Appt. at 11am so I drove up and was feeling pretty dizzy but not horrible but my head was KILLING me! I mean the worst headache I've ever had and wouldn't go away. I got in and got hooked up to the NST machine, Michelle the midwife came in and went over my last lab work. My protein was up again and everything else seemed ok the baby looked good and US showed she was a good size. The first bad sign was the NST was showing non-reactive. They got me up for an ultrasound and I stood up saw stars and started to black out. That kind of freaked them out, they hurried up and checked my fluids and blood flow on the US and said they wanted to Admit me to the hospital. I was not happy. I had been admitted before and found it to be a big waste of time, If I was going in the hospital I wanted it to be to have a baby. Plus I didn't want to waste Eriks time off of work and my Moms time watching the kids. Anyway they wouldn't let me drive, so I called Erik at work and told him the deal and he came and got me to the hospital. I got admitted about 2ish and not much happened until we got in for an ultrasound about 5:30ish, the perenetaologist said everything looked good and I could tell was kind of questioning if I really had Toximia or not b/c the baby looked fine, blood flow was fine all was good, then he said he wanted to check out my vessels in the back of my eyes. As soon as he looked in his whole demeanor changed, he said oh well that shows a whole different story, he said I had very restricted blood flow and said he wanted me on magnesium Sulfate ASAP. He called my Dr, Dr. Bowen and told him he thinks we needed to induce that another week would be to dangerous. So we started the whole process that night, magnesium IV and an Antibiotic IV and the started with Cervidal to soften the Cervix overnight and then Pitocin in the morning. Then about 10am Dr Bowen came in and broke my water and the real "fun" began. I started having stronger contractions and about 6 hrs later I really could tell I something was going on when I couldn't stand the sight of Erik, who was sitting there with his legs propped up Coffee in hand reading a magazine like he was having the time of his life while I was trying to even breath! I told him to go take a walk or something so I didn't have to look at him, and the nurse said maybe I should check you, sounds like your in transition. She checked and I was only about a 5, which to me didn't sound like very much, so made me even worse and I then thought about getting an epidural, if I was only half way there.I stuck with it and Erik straightened up some after that. The nurse called Dr B and told him where we were and he came in about a half an hour later just as I said I felt like I had to push. The checked me and I was almost at a 10 but still had a little bit of a cervix left so after a couple VERY painful pushes he said I was ready to go. I pushed for almost 2hrs, b/c she was posterior, which he tried to turn her around and she went right back, Can you say OUCH. Finally she arrived with a big blue goofy looking head and went right on my chest with gook, cord and all! It was wonderful and I couldn't believe it once again, it is always even more amazing! I was worried at first b/c of her being so purple, but it was just a bruise b/c of being posterior and coming down so fast. She cried for the first 20-30 min until she got to the breast then latched right on and it was just what she wanted!~ she is perfect. Hopefully she will stay as good as she has been if she needs something you know it but she rarely just cries for no reason it's always gas, food, or she is dirty. She is getting a little spoiled already at night she has to be right besides me to get any good sleep, which is not what I wanted to get into but I feel bad b/c she is still supposed to be inside of me for another couple weeks, it's not her fault she has to be out in this big bad cold world. So I am giving in a little. We have been dealing with really high bilirubin levels and trying to get her to eat more since she came home, and actually had to stay in the hospital for a night b/c her bili level was way to high. We also had her heart Murmur checked out and she has a ventricular valve prolapse which they said she will always have but is not dangerous, she just will have to have antibiotics when ever she goes to the dentist. It still amazes me how much you instantly love a baby, I can't stop kissing her and now realize how quick they grow up so I think that is a big difference It makes it a little easier to get through the hard days knowing before I know it they will be off to preschool, or staying the night with their cousins. It is only temporary.
Thursday, July 22, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment