Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Little bit of this and a little bit of that~ o.k a lot

I am to tired to write an actual thought out post. But there are things that I must get down before I forget. So here goes a bunch of nothing.

Annika has taken on potty training, with really very little effort or thought from me. She just decided about a month ago to do as her sister and brother do and there for is constantly naked (as if you couldn't tell from the pictures below ;)She is doing pretty well (especially if left naked) and if she could just stay naked 100% of the time we would probably have it down pat. Unfortunately she is kind of going about like a puppy she gets "close" sometimes but not quite "outside" the bathroom carpet has been cleaned more times than I would like to admit. Any way I'm not sure if it will stick but thought it was pretty good that you get some benefits for suffering through the process of raising 3 kids with in 2 years of each other.

As for Abbie, ~ what can I say about Abi that I can put in to words. She is one strange chick. We have to watch everything she goes to bed with. ( still at almost 4 yrs old.) Last night I couldn't sleep and was down stairs on the computer at almost 1:30AM and heard her screaming a horrible cry, my obvious first thought was she had a bad dream, so I went to her and tried to calm her down with the "Think about good things...Ice Cream shops and swimming" "Playing at Johnny's,going to the park" for a good 2 minutes and then she said loudly "IT HURTS!" So I try to get out of her what hurts, "Your belly?" "Head?" for the next couple minutes. Then she lifts up her foot with a stuffed snowman attached. She had one of the treads looped around her big toe so tight that it had cut off her blood circulation I couldn't even get it off I had to go and find the siccors! It took her a good five minutes to calm down. This is after while B&G were here she but her hair rubber bands around each of her wrists so tightly that it left red circles marks (that looked like we held her in hand cuffs chained up in the basement!) for I'm not kidding you for 2 weeks! This from the girl we are still paying off medical bills for swallowing a penny.

Then there is Logan, If I could only have a better memory of all the things that come out of that kids mouth. He could easily have his own sitcom that is more entertaining than most that is on T.V. If I wrote most of the things that crack me up you would get the wrong idea because he is so much more than a couple of examples. Yesterday we were hanging out at Avery's pool and she said to him that he could be her "mermaid boyfriend and marry her someday when they grow up." He slyly said all suave. "O.K sounds good to me!". He is also getting a little to smart. And I often forget how smart he is. Erik and I usually would have the kids in bed by the time our shows would come on at 8 so we never really had to worry about what we have on. But lately with it being summer they stay up til 9P.M which means (since we are to cheap for TiVo) that if we want to watch our shows we have to pay attention to what is on. The other night Erik was skipping through as he always does and was on something that had a little bit to much sex talk for my liking and so I said to him "Er, they have said S.E.X (spelling it out) twice in the past 2 minutes I think you need to change it" So Logan stands up and said "Um, I know what you spelled SEX!!" ((grin, grin, giggle, giggle)) I'm quite the little reader, huh?!" (Big Grin) I couldn't believe it. He really can sound out most things I try to sneak around him. ((examples... Pool, bye, go, bed, Ice Cream no longer able to spell out)

All in all summer is going by fast, we are having a good time and it is nice that I am feeling more free. Even at the pool all three of them are completely on their own (as long as Annika has her wonder suit on!) even in the deep end. They have become little fish.

On a sad note, my sister and family are moving away and we will all miss them tons. We don't do things with them as often as we would like but it has always been taken for granted that we were there for each other. I am hoping with flight benefits being the biggest plus of my job that we will get up there often. Or hopefully by the time come back our big new house will be built! (o.k maybe bought)

No comments: