Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Enjoying the after glow...

I love the day after a Birthday, I think more than the actual special day it self. Of course the left over Birthday cake for breakfast is part of the grandeur, but my favorite part is that it is almost 6 o'clock and the T.V hasn't even been on once today! The kids have been playing with playfoam ( which every time I look at it reminds me of Dippin dots~ can you tell I'm food obsessed or what) but it is a form of playdough more or less. They have now been preoccupied making "Cakes and Monsters and vomit" for over an hour! Because they were doing puzzles and playing with the new talking bank before that.
We had a good Birthday for Abi at Chuckee Cheeses last night with just the family. Which I'm glad we did, since with it just being us we still managed to spend almost 3 hours there. I've now had my fill for the year. I wish she had more little friends for she was watching all the other parties and I could tell felt a little left out, but I know that will come with time.
I'm glad to finally be able to not worry about her little fits and all the struggling I have done with her in the past. She is so mature for her age. Which has a lot to do with being a middle child but all in all she has become the sweetest little 4yr old I know. She is extremely smart and today while reading Logans spelling words she knew STOP before Logan did. She knows all of her letters along with most of the phonic sounds. She can also count to 30 and backwards from 12. She is faster at I spy books and puzzles than me (I wish I was lying). I have no worries about her not being in Preschool this year educationally, at the same time I wonder if she should be in for the social skills. She has taken off in gymnastics and I have found that I look forward to Mondays at the gym as much as she does. She is so fun to watch you can almost see the self confidence bursting out of her each week. They even moved her up with the girls that have been going for the past couple sessions and she is holding her own.
The days of walking the floor to keep her quite and wondering what mess she has gotten into are gone and now days of cuddling on the couch and reading books and dressing Barbies are here.
I love you my little princess.

No comments: