I have written before that I do not have a constant name for any of the kids. Logan I call LJ, Xander, Logan J, Alexander Logan J~ when really mad. Well I guess this is now wearing off on the him. ~Yes you can blame me for screwing them up in the long run.
At the beginning of the school year we visited Logan's class room and knew that the question of what he goes by was lingering, Of course I would explain his legal name is Alexander but he goes by Logan. Well not this time, we got to his class room and he informed us that he wants to be called Alexander now, not Alex, not Logan but Alexander. I asked him if he was sure. Being that no one has ever called him Alexander but me ,when I get mad at him. He insisted, and so he started the first grade (again) at 7yrs old not even knowing how to spell his name. That's right he had never even spelled Alexander before. I wasn't going to argue with him for it was his name. There was also another Logan in his class so I figured it would make it easier. I didn't even consider at that moment he was completely changing what he is called the rest of his life.
Side note/story~Last week, I had a Monday from Hell. By 10A.M I had over 10 phone calls, I had a migraine, Lilly the Baby I watch had already had 3 very messy diapers, Annika was being whiny and then I got a call from school saying that Logan, opps Alexander had fallen at recess. I said O.K. and thanked them for calling and thought nothing else of it. Then it was time to get Abi ( which by the way now goes by Abi Reece) to school. I grab Lilly out of bed to get to school on time and she is once again a mess, I have to completely change her and know that we are now probably going to be late. I step outside and of course it starts to rain ( I usually just walk up). I throw everyone in the car, which is anything but just throwing them in when you have to get a car seat put in. I finally get her to school and of course see them shutting the door just as we pull up. That means I have to get everyone out of the car get let in to the building and go sign her in at the office, get a name tag, drag three kids through the whole school (one who is in a pumpkin seat that is way to heavy to be carrying her in). As I got out of the car I remembered that Logan's glasses he left and brought them in so he could come and get them in the office.
While I was signing Abi in I could here the principle in the back room talking to some one but not hearing any responses , it sounded just like the conversation I had just had on the phone, (asking if he was dizzy, did he have a head ach, any big cuts?) I asked if that was Logan from Mrs Beitings class back there? the Secretary went and asked and responded with a no. With in the next couple of minutes I asked them to call down to Logans class to let them know I had dropped off his glasses. Over the intercom the Sec. calls down and asks them to send Logan up for his glasses. "Logan?" the teacher asks. "Logan, doesn't wear glasses!" Opps, I look like an idiot, for I don't even know my own kids name. I'm sorry Alexander's glasses are here. "Oh, Alexander is up there, in the office isn't he?" replied his Teacher. Of course! Alexander is talking to the principal 10 feet from me!
Alexander pulled one over on them for he had a head ach and a little dizzy, until the minute we hit our front door.
Friday, October 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment