Well we just got back from our first trip with just Annika.
We spent 3 nights and 4 days in New Orleans for Eriks Cousin Melissas Wedding. We had a good trip and got on the first flight that we wanted and Annika was great on the flight, she ate and slept the whole way. Pop pop and Tu Tu picked us up and we went right to a place called "Mothers" and that is where all the eating began ( yes aprox 30 min after we got off the plane!) and it never stopped. I have never been big on Cajun food but I like Seafood just limited Seafood, like some fish and shrimp and Crab legs that's it. Well Erik got a Oyster Po-Boy and I took a bite of it and was hooked it didn't even taste like Oysters,~ of course it was fried but very good. I had a Debris sandwich which is the droppings of a carved roast beef and juice over it, ~ it was average kind of dry, but atleast it was topped off with the best Bread Pudding I ever had!~ummm my mouth is now watering, I decided then and there that I was doomed to come back and be kicked out of Wieght Watchers but oh well you only live once! Any way I could write for the next 3 hrs about all that we ate but to sum it up, we pretty much ate our way through New Oreleans, everyone had some where we just had to go to~ Erik being a Chef and all they wanted him to taste "Real" Cajun food. Of course we went to Cafe Du Monde for Beniets and went to one of Emerils Restaurants called "Lollas", and had a couple drinks on Burbon Street. I can Honestly say I have never seen so many people puking in my life as I did while I was there and the Alcohol consumed there is outragious, of course we went on a very Busy weekend with some big College football game and Also conventions and the Saints playing.
Besides that we did ride the Street Cars down St Charles to see all the old neat houses and then had lunch (of course) and came back .
The Wedding was really pretty and different. It was in a huge Courtyard outside and was almost like a Reception type food that you don't have assigned seating and you kind of hop around from table to table to mingle and eat at the same time. The food once again was incredible, but Annika decided to stay awake almost the whole time so I didn't really get to just sit back and relax ( or drink ;( The night before we left we went to a Crawfish Boil without the Crawfish and had Blue Crab, Shrimp, and fried Oysters along with all the other traditional Cajun foods, it was really good. Well there is my story on how to gain 10lbs in just 4 short days!
We thought we were stuck for sure getting back but got lucky and got on an a unexpected flight and Annika decided to show me what it is like to travel with a crying baby!~ not fun or recommended. Luckly it was a short flight. I am glad to be home and refreshed as a Mom atleast for the moment. Overall I am glad we got to experience NO but not sure if I would like to go back anytime soon, maybe when the kids are all grown. It sure is a party place and I'm just not in to partying at this point of my life, ecspecially not with a baby stuck to my chest in a sling. Burbon Street was so dirty and smelled of sour beer and puke most of the time, I didn't even want to think about what I was stepping in. We walked through it on Friday night and I think I got a contact high! ~ Erik wanted to put the baby to bed and go out but I guess I have just gotten to old I'd rather sleep! That is our trip in a nut shell.
Sara
Monday, October 18, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you had a good trip...all the food sounds great!!! And the pictures of the kids are SOOOO cute :)
Ryan Elizabeth
Thanks Ryan, Boy I'm glad you leave comments or I would really feel alone out here in Blog land!
Post a Comment