Let me start this off with saying that Erik and I have been together for over 8 years, and the first 6 and half of them were spent very much separated while we were yet together~ meaning I rarely saw him unless he was passed out until noon and then stumbled back to work to work another ridiculous 12-15 hour shift many times 6 days a week. I spent Easters, Mothers Days, Christmas Eves just about every Holiday alone or with the kids. It was hard. It is hard being Married to a Chef, long hours little pay, but it is something that he loves to do and is also one of the reasons I fell in love with him.
Soooooooooo, where is this leading? I had my first Parent Teacher conference last week which was very low key, more of a here are some things we have been working on, this is what he needs to work on all in about 10 minutes and out the door. The one thing the teacher made time to tell me was a story about Logan being a snack helper. It seems that each day a kid is picked to help pass out the snacks to each spot while the others are still playing. She said one day they were having Cookies and Pretzel sticks so they had Logan and another little boy pass them out. The other kid hurried threw his job and plopped the Cookies down where ever they fell, While Logan went behind him straightening up the cookies and making a flower out of each one with the Pretzel sticks. So when each kid came in for their snacks they each had a flower looking up at them! The Teacher was so tickled she thought it was great and so creative. She commented that "There is my caterer!" At four he has already learned that it's all about presentation!
Here is what the comments said on his "Progress Report" said:
Logan is a precious little boy. We will always think of him as Chef Logan!! He really enjoys cooking in our Kitchen. He is the best cleaner in our class. We both have so much fun with Logan. He is a joy to have in our class. Thanks for sharing him with us.
I'm doomed, I will never get to spend Christmas, Easter, Mothers Days etc. With my "little" boy. For he too is destine to be a Chef!
Monday, March 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment