Friday, April 22, 2005

All about Abi

I have noticed that most of my posts are about what Annika is doing, and silly things Logan has to say. Any mention of Abi is few and far between unless she is getting in to trouble. When Kris was here I had a feeling that she thought Abi would be more rotten than she really was,do to that is what she always hears about. Yes, we did have a very hard period when all she seemed to do was whine and get into things, which leads to me often griping. The past couple months have gotten much better, now that she can express how she feels. She is really a sweet,loving but very strong willed little girl.
Last night she sat on my lap along with Annika and had her arms around us and said "My friends!" over and over. She can tug at my heart like no other. She loves her Daddy that is for sure, she is more of a Daddy's girl then I would have ever imagined. Today when I was getting Logan ready for school she kept saying "Daddy come get me, too!".
I was thinking about how different her and Annika are, at almost the same age Annika is now Abi was already climbing and crawling on everything. I remember meeting with a play group at the park and Abi couldn't walk yet but would crawl up steps to a baby slide and turn around and go down backwards over and over. There were some little ones twice her age that wouldn't go down yet but Abi had no fear. Not much has changed. I can't think of one thing that she won't try (at least once). I hope she keeps that quality the rest of her life. I am sure it will take her far.
We have been trying the potty training routine for months now. I have realized that it is a control thing with her, if I tell her to go potty it doesn't work I have to tell her we are going potty and try and remind her or make it fun and easy for her. As I am typing this, she just dragged in her potty to sit in front of sesame street and do her thing. The bm thing she is doing great, but the other it may be a while. The other day brother was standing up peeing which he has been good with trying to encourage her to go. So she stood up right by the potty and pinched her belly button together and tried to pee out of it (just like brother, of course!)
She really is Logans shadow and gets sad when he has to go to school or isn't around to play. She calls him her "best friend". I can only hope that they take that with them through life because I have only recently (in the past couple of years) learned how much it adds to your life to have have siblings be friends also. For they are probably going to be around much longer than anyone else in your life.
I love watching Abi become more of a little person and getting out of the baby/toddler stage of life because to be honest with you it wasn't a good time. It is really hard to start off with a baby that does nothing but scream and not sleep, it makes that bonding stage almost obsolete at least for me it did. Maybe it had something to do with the depression and overwhelmed feeling of adapting with 2, But all in all I'm glad it is over with. On to the good years right! (?)
All in all I have to say that although life is busier and sometime tougher than I ever thought. I am glad that I have chosen the life to be a Mom of three, I wouldn't trade it for anything (well most of the time ;)
Now if she would just keep her darn clothes on!
I love you my little pretty girl.
Love Mom

No comments: