I have been trying to write this post for the last month but life (or kids) just keep getting in the way.
I wish I was able to write and express all the things that go through my head being a Mom to the sweetest, happiest baby in the world, but unfortunately I am not 1/100 of the writer that I wish I could be. Mainly I wish I had the talent to express all the emotions I feel so one day not so long from now when I no longer have the succulent little baby neck to nuzzle into I can read back on the flood of emotions I felt cuddling, loving and raising you.
The past year (and month) hasn't been the easiest year that is for sure, for I have become more of a homebody than I ever imagined I could be. Your brother still reminds me daily of how we used to go to the zoo, aquarium, parks almost daily and now it is a treat. There are times I feel guilty for not being able to give you all the adventures and individual attention that your brother and sister had. At he same time I have learned to take in and enjoy every little, or big milestone that we hit together for I have experienced that it goes by to quickly. I don't rush to put you down at night when we have time for just us. I love to put my face down to yours and feel how soft and sweet you feel just lightly breathing so close to me and knowing that you feel comforted that it is me you have captured with every inch of you. I look at you and it still amazes me that I ( o.k we) have created such a incredibly perfect human being.
At 1 year old you have yet to mastered walking but love to go in between Daddy and I getting so excited that you have taken 3 or 4 steps to get to one or the other. In the past month you have drawn Daddy in with all of your innocent little Annika ways, for you have spent more time with him on the weekends while I am at Church.
I have found myself just sitting and watching your face and how you react to things, for example we found out that you LOVE Tele Tubbies and now right before nap time we sit down and you watch the T.V and I watch you, I love watching how you react by jumping up and down, screeching, waving and even blowing kisses at the T.V. Your little eyes dart back and forth and you take every inch of it in, you are just like your siblings you never miss a trick.
I was trying to explain to a friend the other day how I feel about having 3 kids. I do think it is a whole new ball game than just having 2. For with 2 you are not out numbered, it is much easier to go with the flow of life and bring the kids along with only 2. I knew life was going to be much harder on one of my first outings with all three of you. I decided one day that I wanted to go to subway for a sandwich and had to bring all three of you in. I finally got to the counter with a store full of business lunch people and all at the exact moment everything broke lose, Abi decided to pull over a huge metal sign that the whole store turned to see what happened it woke you and about made you jump out of your pumpkin which seat both you and Abi into a screaming fit and just then Logan decided to throw up! I ran to the bathroom with only a half made sandwich and cried for about a half an hour before coming back out. I was defiantly out numbered.
Not that I would ever take back one day of having you in our life, but to say it lightly you have changed my world forever and completely. I see you being more like me than Logan or Abi, both personality wise and in looks ( I am so sorry my dear one!) From your Chubby thighs to your curiosity of life you are forever my baby girl.
Monday, August 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment