Thursday, April 06, 2006

Another month.

I have been trying to sit down and update since let's see....April. My (own)time is pretty limited when I actually have a minute, usually nap time and I'm already fried, Yea by 1pm. (~and as I type this I have to type around my snotty 1yr old on my lap).

The kids seem to be changing in bounds. I can now sit down and "read" or share read with my 5yr old. I can Actually hold a conversation with my 3yr old, and not have her pout or run away. The 1yr old I'm in the process of curving the screaching thing she does. Which I have found is more difficult with number 3. For every time she goes to the kids in a huff, screeching for them to give her something, they do! Which is awesome that I have such docile kids (most of the time)but in the same breath only encourages her to do it more.

Having 3 kids has shown me how incredibly different each child's personality is. My thought is that even though they are all so different and complex, if you have set ground rules (along with lots of love) and stick to them, they learn it is much easier to get along and respect each other.
One of my greatest joys is seeing how much my kids love each other. Each day when Logan gets out of school he is the only kindergarten that consistently gets bombarded with hugs and kisses from his sisters, what a great feeling that must be. Last weekend when I had my sisters 4 kids over night (That's right 7 kids ages 1-6 and a 8yr old for a sleepover) I overheard Abi telling her cousins that she was going to marry Logan,"no matter what!". Even though they laughed at her she still stood her ground. Which gives you a good view of Abi she is extremely stubborn, smart, but also very sweet and would be lost with out her brother. On the other end If I had one (o.k 2) sentence to describe Logan it would be. Logan is the sweetest most sensitive 5yr old. He loves to be creative and easily gives to anyone he meets, I would not be surprised if one day he is a minister/preacher. Annika is a whole new ball game, and although she was a very easy baby, the past almost year she has tested me like no other toddler has. She is extremely possessive, with not only me but also toys, chairs, even airspace. She is the first baby I have had that is addicted to her blankey and thumb. She is no doubt the most demanding kid I have. Yes I'm sure a lot of this is age and not the actual personality yet, but I am positive she will never have a problem speaking her mind, maybe she'll be a lawyer. (let's hope not ;)

All the kids have adjusted well to me working, it helps that I have been able to come home early many nights or shorten my weeks in the past couple month, but the pending strike has changed all of that for now. It breaks my heart when I call from work and know that I'm missing 80% of family dinners with them and bed time stories and in general our time as a family. Have I really spent the last 5 1/2 years staying home with them for this? For example It is now Thursday and the last time I saw Erik more than 10 minutes was Sunday, and yet this coming weekend he will be gone until I go back to work on next Sunday. Then another week will start the whole cycle over. Not fun.

~ Pictures below are of my Grandmother's 80th Birthday party we had a couple of weeks ago, also some of the first outside shots of the season, my only savior lately has been lot's of Sun. Thank God for spring.

No comments: