Monday, August 20, 2007

It was fun while it lasted...

Two more days til back to school. I really don't look forward to much of going back to school. I guess getting a break from Logan will be nice but he really doesn't take much of me anymore any way. Actually the extra hands to help will probably be more soarly missed than anything. He really is a good kid. This summer I have heard many of the neighbors saying that things in there house are changing because they see how much responsibility Logan can do there is no reason their 4/7/18yr old (mentally slow) can't do the same. List of things I can think of that he has helped with lately, Take Garbage out and cans in from curb, waters flowers, WetJets the floors, Helps vaccum, brings down all the laundry to the laundry room (even my pile which is larger than him at times) Cleans windows and Mirrors (and uses more than half the bottle of windex in doing so). Trims flowers/bushes usually when we don't want him to. (O.K this is sounding like a Macer Mayer book). Today he helped feed our newest little member of the house Lillie who is 8 months old and we have every day from 8-4p. After much thought on what to do this year with Logan in school we decided to repeat 1st grade, I'm still not sure this is 100% the right choice but I went with my gut.
So the craziness is about to begin, I get Lillie each day at 8am Logan has to be at school by 9Am, Lillie's schedule alone keeps me on my toes, on top of getting the rest fed and changed and cleaned up an starting it all over again, Abi will only be in half day Kindergarten so she goes from 12:45-3:45. and then Lillie gets picked up around 4-4:30, Homework gets started along with Dinner and I am off to work until about 1 AM then trying to "Hurry" to sleep to start it all again.
I am trying to hold on to Delta but I don't see it much longer if we're lucky Christmas, but probably more like October, then again I said that when I started back in Nov 2 years ago too.
As for Abi, I am still nervous to see how she adapts to Kindergarten, the other day we went to Lunkin to play and it was packed, we were with friends but she made friends with an adorable little girl and they best buds for the day, when we left I said to her how happy I was that she made a friend, she looked up at me batted her long lashes and shrugged her shoulders and said "I know, I was just practicing!". I don't know if she could get any sweeter lately, I am going to miss not having her around as my little girl all day, but I know she is ready to spread her wings, she is so much older than her age already but she's still my little Princess.
As for Annika, life in the new house has been like living everyday at Chuckee Cheeses or something, the girl never sits still. She constantly wants to ride her bike, be with the neighbors and have people around (wonder where she gets that, ). She now loves having the baby around during the day and the fact that she is now so grown up she can help. She likes to help with anything in the kitchen and if you say the word she takes off for her stool like a bandit. She has also become very articulate and even corrects me at times, for example I will often say that I have to sit down and feed the baby her bottle, she does not like that at all, She quickly corrects me and say's "Your not feeding her! that's a bottle, she is drinking!" just like that. A little to smart that one.
Next post lots of school pictures I'm sure, and this time we don't have to have a uniform on! Yea, more shopping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The craziness has begun! I'm sure you will be relieved when you are done with Delta! I wouldn't even consider holding onto that job if I was watching other peoples kids during the day! You are one crazy lady!