Sunday, September 23, 2007

Something strange is happening around here...

Today I noticed how different our little life has become living in the still new house.
For example, we are now typical surburbanites (yes it did put a line under that word that I ignored it).
~Before in the old house we used to sit on the front porch and watch the cars speeding by our house. Today in the new house we look at each other and wonder which one is going to scream at the car that just dared to go 20MPH down our street to "SLOW DOWN!".

~Before in the old house we couldn't believe that the 14 (maybe 15) year old girl across the street was aloud out with her boyfriends . Today we let our 7 year olds "girlfriend" sleep on his bedroom floor.

~Before we (O.K me) called our neighbors the liquor hounds for sitting on there deck and drinking beer each night (of course they are in there 60's but still not right to say). Today it is unusual if we are not in our back yard (or sometimes front) with friends, each with a drink in toe, .

~Before it wouldn't be unusual for me to go 2-4 days with out talking to one single person outside of my immediate family (if I wasn't working), I mean no one. Today, even when I have a temperature of 103 degrees, I had at least 7 people at my house (or in my back yard) and it was considered a quite day.

~Before in the 7 years we lived in our old house I can think of maybe 5 times we had anyone, including family come over for dinner and all of those times were for a Birthday, play date or Holiday. Today, I think some of my neighbors and friends, family have eaten here as much as I have.

I am so glad we found this house, it has really brought us out of a ditch. We are so much more active and social, I would have never in a million years thought this would be were I would be sitting even a year ago.

The kids seem to be thriving, no complaints (yet) about school. We have fallen into a good routine, and I am just waiting for life to slow down.

I am embarrassed to say that the first day of school pictures are complete crap. Someone switched the mode on my Camera and I didn't notice with trying to get them out the door, so I got nothing, O.K close to nothing, I'll put them up for a couple of days and then they are coming down, I can't even bare to put my name on them, I am a horrible Mom and I promise to make them act like Tomorrow is there first day of school again and improvise.




No comments: