Thursday, November 10, 2011

Almost 2012

Can't believe that it is almost a new year. The kids keep me busy as does the other 2-5 kids that are here on a daily basis. Our newest family member has been our next door neighbor Shannon who is almost 13. She is here at least 5 nights a week, which is fine by me, she makes me laugh and is a great addition to our crazyness. When I thought of having kids and a family it has always occurred to me to have kids hanging out in our house/coming in and out of our house at all hours and now we do.
Alex is now 11 and wears my shoes - that would be a women s size 11! He is full on teenager, arm pit hair and all. He is funny and quick witted and bright, (but not in a book sense). He will never like school work and fights it every step of the way, and unfortunately he probably gets that from me, but when he actually does the work and puts the time in he is REALLY smart. Math problems i would struggle with (and still do) he wizz's right through. Although he still struggles with reading, which I am now convinced is due to an undignosed form of dyslexia. Things I used to worry about with him (as in wearing my shoes, he actually does now ;) I no longer do. He has become a pretty secure, full grown teenager. I am sure there are many things I will worry about with him, but I am proud the way he is turning out.

Abi Reece well I still have to say she is the cuddelest, most loving little girl I know (besides Anni). If i had to describe her it would almost be the complete opposite of Logan. While he is creative she is logical, analytical and very intellectual . Even in playing sports she doesn't just go and do her thing, no she thinks out all of the possible moves, angles and possibilities. Which has gotten her to a great spot both in school and on the soccer field. Her vocabulary/English scores showed that she is in a high 7th grade almost 8th grade level, which is grade for a 4th grader. And her State test scores in math she scored 100% and she is in the gifted classes for- don't know where she got that from. And just as Logan has to be around people and entertain us and be social Abi would be perfectly happy sitting by herself with a computer, game, book anything. I can't wait to see what the future brings for my Roo. I hope that her confidence brings her a long way.

My Annika T. what can I say besides she is a crazy nut. I see so much of myself in her that it scares me. I hope that she does so much more and goes so much further than me. How is she like me? well more than anything she is a food addict just like me, she loves to sleep, play and eat, which well is my perfect world. She is funny and creative more like Logan but then again she has a great memory and loves school. I guess you could say she is a perfect blend of both or all of us. Although sorry she is so much more Murphy that Nousiainen. Thankfully as much as she loves food she loves soccer even more (or close to it). If she is in the house she is kicking, dribbling, bouncing, juggling her soccer ball. This past season she played in select soccer which is a lot of pressure for a 6/7 year old and she has held her own, especially for playing goalie which is pretty stressful. I don't know how to explain the connection between Anni and I, maybe it's because she's the baby, but she is my little soul mate.

I love my kids and my life now more than ever, which seems strange being that we are at one of the most stressful times we have ever been through. Which makes me realize how little money and things have an affect on happiness. Family and unconditional love is happiness.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Great to see a mom who loves her kids!

Jessica said...

Great to see a mom who loves her kids!