I stole this idea from dooce.com to make sure that each month I take time to note all new (and old) that you are doing, and all the wonderful, and no so wonderful things we have been through. Some day I will print them all out and put them in a book of you.
It really is amazing to me that you are already 5 months old. I think the more craziness and kids that are in the house the faster time goes. The days of a tiny little helpless baby snuggled up on my chest are forever gone, at times that makes me a little sad but I now have a drooly, squirmy little smiley girl that makes me smile and laugh many times a day.
Last night as I climbed into bed after a long, tiring day of many battles with your sister. I said to your Dad that it seems that the only light in my days lately is that I have an easy, perfect, wonderful baby, and for that I am very grateful. You are a great sleeper, and even when I have to drag you out of bed to go to the grocery store or pick up brother from school all you ever give me is a great big smile and coo you truly are sweet.
Your brother and sister still seem amazed by you and love to be near you, probably because they also love to see you smile (yes that is really all you do). Logan loves to sing to you and when you wake up he says "Good Morning, Sunshine!" just like I do. Abbie tells everybody we see when we are out "My baby!" and I mean EVERYBODY! Yesterday we were in an elevator at the mall and Abbie told the 3 little girls and lady that you were her baby and the lady asked what your name was and she said "Baby!" and I said "Can you say Annika?" and the little girl said "Hey that's my name!", and it was the first other Annika we ever met. The mom then asked what your middle name was and you know what I said? "Reece" I am so sorry my little one, I now have so many kids I forget your whole names it took me hours later to realize what I had said.
Life has finally started to catch up with me, I don't know if it is because you are older and some how require more stuff ie.. Toys to chew on, bibs, extra clothes ( because you have Major explosive diapers) or what but it takes me hours just to go and do minor things like go to the gym or church. I left you for the first time in kids club at the gym and have to say that my palms were a little sweaty as I walked away (mostly because I pictured them letting you gnaw on a grimy toy to satisfy your chewing habit) and I only looked at the clock about 15 times in the 45 min I was on the treadmill but as I figured you were perfect for them. For the first time you did screech when I handed you to a stranger the other day but I guess you should of for it was a perfect stranger that asked if I needed help while I held you and tried to tie my gym shoes at the same time in the locker room, you looked at her then me and let out a big Yelp, joy won't that be fun both you and Abbie going through separation anxiety at the same time.
I wish I could show you the world and be in a different place each month as I was with your brother, but life just isn't that easy. Your the youngest of 3 just like I am and I will do all that I can to make you feel special and loved each day of your life. I love you,I can't wait to see you grow, explore and find your way through this crazy world, and know that your Mommy will always be there to hold your hand and smile with you when you need it, just as you have for me!
Much love baby girl and happy 5 months old!
Love Mom
Thursday, December 09, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment