Monday, December 06, 2004

Way to young to know some things

Last night after a long weekend of lots of messes of every kind, Erik decided to bring the kids up to a Christmas walk in Ft.Thomas. We had never been to the walk and were not too sure what it contained, I decided to stay home with the baby and finish up cleaning and laundry and try to recover from a hellatious weekend.
They left about 6ish and somewhere around 8p Erik called from the back of a Carriage ride and told me that they had gone on a pony ride, had popcorn,hot Chocolate, he had a Starbuck Coffee and a beer and lots more (I think he was trying to make me feel bad for not going) Then before hanging up he informed me that while they were walking down the street they witnessed a Cat running into the street and getting hit by a car and then all the pleasantries with it. He said it was really bad.

At almost 9pm They stumbled in the door Logan, excited that he brought me his left over Hot chocolate and rambling on about all that they did and saw. Abbie came in and before she could even get her hat off said in her abbreviated sentence way "Cat dead, popcorn!" that is what she got out of her festive night.
I felt bad that my baby already knew the word "dead", not that she actually knows what it means, but I don't think I had ever even heard Logan say that word until just recently. The only good thing that came from the whole occurrence was that they both had a good lesson in not going into the street, even if it was a little to harsh of a reality.

No comments: