Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Checker Queen


Abi has become obsessed with Webkinz and Checkers for the past couple of months. This is how I find her most mornings (afternoons, and evenings too). My sister asked me how she gets around Webkinz when she can't read yet, and I told that she can read, or memorize what she needs to know. She really is pretty darn good, on Webkinz you play against other kids or the computer and she has given up on playing with the kids because once she starts beating them they quit.
I know girls are supposed to be smarter or more advanced than boys, but she amazes me every day with the things she knows. I could put her in Logans class right now and she would probably be passing. She knows basic (and some not so basic) addition and subtration, Can spell and sound out most simple words (Mom, Dad,Stop,Car, Zoo,Cat, Dog, Logan). Besides book smart the girl loves to play soccer and swimming and gymnastics. We went to the pool on Monday after a VERY long break and she is a complete fish. I can't wait til this summer, next year she is off to Kindergarden the begining of school life and I think she will thrive at it~ once I have removed her from my leg.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: