It's funny that when ever I am out and people ask how old you are, I always round down. Example: Yesterday (the day before you were going to be 7 Months old) I was at the grocery store and the little old man behind me said "How old is the little GUY?" I spoke REALLY loud in response (hoping that I would offend him, as he did me for calling you a little "guy" ,I know I'm mean) I said "SHE IS 6 MONTHS!" I think I do this because I don't want to acknowledge that you are getting older. I love having you be my little side kick, my new hip ordement.
I know I have said this many times before but I believe that you were an honest blessing from God. If I was guaranteed another baby like you I would have another and then some, you are that good!~ but there is no guarantee so I know my days with having a baby around are limited.
When I was pregnant with you I was very worried, and yes often depressed at the thought of not being able to manage having 3 kids under the age of 4. I know a lot of this was because Abbie was (and is) one of the biggest struggles I have ever faced in my life, and if I had two Abbies I know that I would now be in a mental hospital some where in a drug induced state! Thank You God for giving me a break.
This month has been the beginning of Independence. You have just started sitting up by yourself~ only for a minute or so at a time, and as long as you don't really "know" you are doing it, but there you sit like a big girl, grinning away. What a difference the past month has made in your eye hand coordination, if you want something you get it, and for this I have had many cups spilled down my chest and pulled from my mouth!
Another new trick you have learned is when we clap you try to do it but clap your leg instead, almost like a "come here, puppy" pat on your leg (which is actually the sign language sign for Dog). You get so excited and it won't be long before you actually find your other hand.
You also have started going much longer between feedings which gives me more freedom and I don't have that "oh no I'm to far away feeling". Last weekend I put you to bed at 9 PM, I got up in the morning to go to the gym with Logan at 9 AM and you were still asleep so I pumped (knowing you wouldn't actually take a bottle but just in case you would take it from a cup). I pumped 17 OZ !!!!! That is tons, if you actually eat that much every morning, that's like a BIG GULP for babies! No wonder your getting so chubby. Anyway you didn't wake up for your Dad until 10:30ish that is 13.5 hours you slept! You don't always sleep that well, but usually around 12hours a night. When you are tired you lay your head to the side and suck on your thumb, I love seeing this. You are the first baby that has been such a good self soother, which is why I believe you are such a good sleeper.
If someone told me that I could fall so in love with a baby or person again a year ago, I would have never believed them. I now look at you and couldn't imagine loving you any more than I do. You are truly perfect.
Thursday, February 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment