Monday, January 10, 2005

Guess who is a half of a year old!

Happy 6 Months old Baby Girl! For a half of a year you have brought more smiles and laughs and sunshine than I ever thought possible. 6 months ago we were in awe with you and today we are only that much more.
I can't believe after all the worrying we did when you were only weeks old with weight loss and jaundice, that you have now tripled the lowest weight you got to and then some. You are getting so chubby and sweet you have changed so much since then it's hard to even remember.
Today you love to play and screech and get people attention any way you can. You love to see faces and watch how they react to you. I have to say you are the Smilest, Happiest baby I have ever known!
You still love to sleep on your belly and play on your back, or stand in your exersaucer, but you have added a new loud screeching noise similar to a tourcherd cat as you play to the mix. Although this noise is adorable, as is everything you do, it has been known to give one a head ache very quickly~ especially since your siblings seem to think it is a new language and try to converse with you in it.
One day this past week you were chirping in your bed for a couple of minutes before I came in to get you, which in itself is so sweet to hear for It took Abbie years, Yes Years to wake up not crying. As I walked into the room I found you laying on your back playing with blankets. This was quite the surprise for you have only turned over a couple times and this was a first in your bed.

One of my Favorite times of the day with you is when you wake up and come in to nurse usually about 7 A.M you love to just lay in bed with me and play with my face, shirt,sheet or whatever else is available, even though at times it is hard to even make out your profile in the darkness I always know there is a big grin on your face and contently you just lay there and play for a good half and hour or more.You nurse some more and go back to bed for a morning nap for a good 2 or 3 hours. The fact that you don't need any toys or pacifier or even light just your Mommy to comfort you is so sincere and enduring. I know that when these mornings are gone I will feel a great emptiness. Although I am sure they will be filled with more natural events that life will through at us, Nursing my baby (and babies) will always be one of the highlights of my life. I hope that you will choose to do the same some day , even if it does not come easy to you it truly is worth all the work that has come with it.

A new trick that you have started in the past week is you throw your head back and give an almost devious chuckle when we laugh at you, it is so unique that I can't help but do it for hours. You also love to play peek a boo and patty cake with big brother and overall just love to grin at him, as he does you.

This past Month has gone quick with all the Holidays and such, of course you didn't know much of what was around you but were perfect just the same. Your first Christmas you spent mostly in my arms at grandma's house for it is so crazy and busy there is very little room to put you down. You liked staring at the Christmas tree to put your self to sleep and watching all the crazy kids tare into the gifts.

I love you my big girl and can't believe that you already 6 months old. I wish I could freeze you at this stage forever for it is one of my favorite ages. I'm sure the fact that you are such a good baby makes this even harder for me to see you grow up.
Stay sweet and Happy my little lady bug.
Love, Mom

No comments: