7 Years ago this week, I walked into a gay bar (no this is not a gay bar and a Rabbi joke) thinking I was just going to go and hang out with some old friends from a previous job and watch a fellow server in his last Hoorah' as a drag queen . Little did I know that I would sit down with my future Husband and father of my 3 children. I surely did not think I would find my "Soul Mate" in a gay bar and I definitely wasn't looking. (For those of you who haven't heard this story, Er was just there with friends from the same restaurant that I previously worked at~ He is not gay, at least not that I know of ;) Almost a month after our first meeting there have only been a handful of days that we have not been together in one way or another.
5 Years ago tomorrow, in a VERY small ceremony with only close family attending we said our vows in a Hotel and were Married by a Family Friend who was a judge, we then had a nice reception that over looked the River and Cincinnati, it almost felt more like a big dinner party instead of a Wedding Reception, but it was nice and not a huge deal, which is what I always wanted.
In the last 5 years we have gone through 3 hard pregnancies (yes it almost killed me to write WE, but I did). And have dealt with all the Hormones, Dr's appointments, hospital stays and countless days and nights worrying that go along with having 3 beautiful babies. In the past 60 Months I have been pregnant for approx. 27 of them and Breast feeding for almost 40 of them. That means out of the past 5 years I have only had about 3, yes 3 months that I have not either been Pregnant or Breastfeeding!~ and I still have probably another year and a half or more to go.
I am very Thankful that we have a secure home that our Children get to go to bed in every night, for I know that in this day in age that is sadly not the norm. I am thankful that our Children have a father that they get to see come home from work every day and run to and say "daddies home!", for there are many people today that are unable to support their families, And I am lucky that no matter how much I gripe and complain about the life as a Stay at Home Mom, but I am Thankful to be able to see my Children grow and learn and become the little people that they are, for in a blink I will be sitting here writing about our 10 year Anniversary:: and I can't wait for that one~ for it's the year of the Diamond!
Friday, January 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment