We are back to normal programming after a VERY cold and snowy week in CT. We had a good time, although it ended on a sour note with worrying about being snowed in forever!
After being literally thrown off of a plane just on the verge of escaping the storm we knew we were in trouble. We ended up only having to stay an extra day and driving a couple hours to get a flight out of Albany which is a lot better than it could of been. Thanks to Tu Tu for spending the day getting us there and then having to drive all the way home by herself (((Tu Tu))).
The kids had a great time with Tu Tu and Pop Pop who kept them busy with all there toys and Museums, Kids City and themselves!
Some of the highlights of the trip that come to mind are:
* When Abbie got off the plane and saw Tu Tu for the first time she screeched at the top of lungs "TU TU!" and cut in front of people running to get to her with a big hug! Talk about being excited, everyone was saying " boy I wish I got that Welcome" See she can be sweet,~ she is just like her Mommy and you have to catch her at the right times ;)
* We had a great day at IKEA, of course it helped that we had built in babysitters. The place was packed but we still managed to do some damage, along with planning to do more when we get a bigger house and win the lottery. We had both Breakfast and Lunch there for all 7 of us for probably about 30$! What a deal!
* I also got a nice break and a chance to remember how easy it is to go out with just a baby for a couple of days.The kids went to the Museums and play place. Boy, if I could only go back to the days of thinking that life was so hard with one baby. Annika and I spent a day at the mall and she was SOOOOOO good, she sat in the stroller just playing and talking and smiling for like 2 hours, would eat get changed and fall asleep! Oh how I long for easy trips like that again.
* The last couple days of the trip Annika was trying to break through 2 of her bottom teeth, if it wasn't for the drooling, chomping and a little less sleeping I would have never known. She really wasn't very whinny or different than normal, Man am I lucky!~ Today she woke up and both teeth are all the way through and she has been sleeping up a storm ;)
Well that is about all I have time to write, It feels good to be home and on a schedule, the kids are finally back to sleeping, and Logan went back to school today just in time for picture day.
I can't believe that it is already time to get him signed up for kindergarten!
Tuesday, January 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment